Now that I had the floor pattern designed, I needed to start thinking about the big picture. First off I ordered the deck plans of the titanic on the web, and scanned/printed out the dining saloon floorplan. Seeing as how I'm not that good at math, it took me some time to come up with the correct dimensions for the alcove I was making. I took the overall dimensions of the room which I acquired from books, and figured out the area for my miniature. I've got a workbook full of diagrams, multi-colored lines and numbers from when I was trying to figure it all out... how thick to make the walls, how wide a space between windows (not easy just from pictures). But once I had the dimensions it was time to get to work on the physical project.