These appliques which are fitted onto the side walls took up a lot of time in my brain. For a long time I was looking for something to create these, and at a craft store I found some little plastic hearts that had a lot of detail on them. So I used one of those hearts by cutting the edges to turn the heart into a spade shape, then filled in any imperfections with clay. I also formed the bases out of clay. Then... again using homemade plastic I duplicated the shape so that I had all the pieces I needed. Then a little sanding on each piece to get them just right. I was thinking about how to make these little things for a long time and it was such a relief to finally see them up on the wall where they belong.